A Grade II listed building completed in 1796 by Samuel Wyatt for Lord Grenville. This building needed alterations in the 19th century. It was rebuilt internally due to bomb damage after WW2.
Low ceiling heights created a lighting challenge for this trading floor. As long office hours are spent in the trading profession it was important for the artificial lighting to be suitable for the task of viewing monitors for many hours.
A direct/indirect lighting solution is developed. The low ceiling heights presented a challenge, however with the correct luminaire optic specified, an uplighting component to the trading floor was achieved. This reduced glare within the working environment and allowed for a uniform ambient lighting solution, which aided visual comfort.
Tanya was part of the lighting design team for the featured project, led by Dr David Millington BDSP Lighting
Foster and Partners
London, United Kingdom